HYLANDS HOUSE

CHELMSFORD

Hylands House was originally constructed in 1730 but both house and landscape were substantially altered in the early 19th century by Humphrey Repton and the house again in the late 19th century. The Park hosts major events, including the annual ‘V’  Festival.

 

The practice completed Phases 4-6 of the project (Phase 5 HLF funded) which restored badly damaged rooms on the ground and the upper floors and converted the saturated and derelict basement into the toilets, cloakrooms and ancillary areas, which were essential to meet the needs of the visiting public. The practice also restored Flint Cottage, the sole surviving Repton building.

‚Äč

The repair of the interiors included particularly fine craftsmanship by the plasterers and decorators.

  • White Instagram Icon
  • White Twitter Icon

Follow our updates on social media.

© 2020 by Thomas Ford & Partners